Monday, January 31, 2011

Souls

I didn't know that questioning if people have souls and what happens to them after death was one of the biggest questions in philosophy. It’s hard to imagine what happens to you after death because your brain is dead, obviously, but what if there was life after death. What if your soul lives and you are in some alternate body form or no body form. I want to know what happens when I die. I am on a quest through this blog to find out the answer to this question.

I asked two of my friends what they thought.

Rashaun’s beliefs: There are two plains in the world, ours and the after lives. If god exists he will judge the individuals to go, but if there is no god then we all go to the same place. The same place as in another realm.

Magena’s beliefs: I think I am going to be re-incarnated as a haunting ghost until I get some things right that some people messed up for me. I feel like I’m going to die disturbed. Just kidding. If that does not work out I just want to be re-incarnated as a jelly fish.

.. I don't agree with either of these answer's but it's a better guess then I have right now about what happens when you die.

1 comment:

  1. Sarah:

    Visually, your blog is outstanding. In your post, you pose one of the big questions that has eluded a definitive answer and probably always will. However, what would happy if you connected your quest directly to the material you have read? Does Stuart-Williams address this question? If so, what do you think about his view and why? If he doesn't adress this question, then what do you think his reasons for not doing so are?

    Your atheism cartoon is funny.

    Prof. Hart

    ReplyDelete